This post originally appeared on Golfers Authority
Your golf ball is the most important piece of equipment in the game, so playing the right ball is key to you playing your best golf. Oftentimes what your favorite Tour players are using is not the right ball for your game. Having a ball that matches what you need is necessary to playing your best golf. If you have a higher clubhead speed, then perhaps a Tour ball is best for your game. But if you have a moderate or lower clubhead speed, oftentimes a lower compression golf ball will perform best for your game. Having a ball that works for you is key, and Srixon has a wide range of golf balls which can work for any golfer.
Top 7 Best Srixon Golf Balls
Best Distance – Srixon Z-Star XV Golf Balls
- Low compression and feel
- Fast ball speeds & great distance off driver
- Full control through the ball
The Srixon Z-Star XV Golf Ball is a premium Tour ball designed to give tremendous distance along with excellent all-around performance to low handicap golfers. The Z-Star XV has a four-piece design, including the FastLayer Core, which is soft in the middle and gradually gets firmer toward the edges, giving great feel and higher speeds for more distance. This ball also has Srixon’s fourth generation SpinSkin technology, which connects better to the clubface on wedges for increased spin and control. The Z-Star XV also has a 338-dimple pattern for less drag and more lift for increased distance and a more consistent flight, even in strong wind.
- New third generation spin skin
- New speed dimple pattern
- New dual energetic Gradient growth core
Softest Feel – Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls
- Feels softer while maintaining optimal launch conditions
- For 70+ mile per hour swing speeds
- Feels softer while maintaining full control through the ball
Best Spin – Srixon Q Star Tour Golf Balls
- Great control on greens
- Great Tour performance
- High spin rates
The Srixon Q-Star Tour Golf Ball is a ball which provides Tour performance for golfers with moderate swing speed. The Q-Star Tour has a Tour Urethane cover for durability and great feel. This ball has an Energetic Gradient Growth Core with lower compression for lower backspin and sidespin, for controlled distance. This ball features Srixon’s SpinSkin Technology, which creates more friction on wedge shots for more control. The Q-Star Tour also has a 338 Speed Dimple Design for less drag, which performs very well in the wind.
- Consistent, balanced performance
- 3-piece golf ball
- Urethane cover
Best Control – Srixon Z-Star Golf Balls
- Ultra soft, Tour quality urethane for every player
- Straighter, more consistent shots
- Optimal greenside spin and short game control
The Srixon Z-Star Golf Ball is a Tour ball which gives very high greenside spin while also being longer than other mid-compression Tour balls. The Z-Star has a FastLayer Core, which is soft in the middle and gets firmer toward the outside, which gives great feel while also providing excellent distance. This ball features SpinSkin Technology for more control on scoring shots and shots around the greens. It also has a 338 Speed Dimple Design for less drag, producing a consistent flight even in the windiest conditions.
- New third generation spin skin
- New speed dimple pattern
- Energetic Gradient growth core
Best Womens – Srixon Women’s Soft Feel Golf Balls
- Softer feel on all full shots without sacrificing the core’s high launch
- Straighter shots with less spin
- New aerodynamic speed dimples design
The Srixon Soft Feel Women’s Golf Ball gives great distance along with exceptionally soft feel on all shots. With an Energetic Gradient Growth Core, this core is soft in the center and firmer toward the perimeter, which increases ball speed. This core also launches higher for more carry distance. The 338 Speed Dimple Design lowers drag for a more consistent flight. The durable Ionomer cover gives soft feel and increased spin on greenside shots.
- Softer, lower compression core – the new soft feel’s energetic Gradient growth core is 60 compression, which is 12 points lower than the previous model. Softer feel on all full shots without sacrificing the core’s high launch, low spin performance
- Softer, thinner cover – the Ionomer cover on the new soft feel is 11 percent thinner and 5 percent softer than the previous model, with the softest feel rating tested in the low-compression category
- New aerodynamic speed Dimples design – the new soft feel cover features the 324 speed dimple pattern, which combines greater uniformity of dimple design with better surface coverage
Best Value – Srixon Distance Golf Balls
Srixon AD333 Golf Balls
- Highly resilient and soft rabalon hr+ and pana-tetra blended thin cover.
- Improved energetic gradient growth core increasing the ball’s launch characteristics whilst maintaining greenside performance
- Reduced drag providing consistent trajectory, distance control and dispersion with every shot
The Srixon AD333 Golf Ball is a great performing golf ball for all-around qualities. This ball features a 338 Speed Dimple Design for less drag, producing a more consistent flight,. It also features Srixon’s SpinSkin Technology for more greenside spin and control. It has a lower compression rating which allows moderate-swinging players to maximize their distance with higher ball speeds and lower backspin.
About Srixon Golf
Srixon Golf is a subsidiary of Sumitomo Rubber Industries (SRI). SRI brought out its line of golf clubs and balls in 2000 with its XXIO line, but they also wanted to make a larger footprint in the golf market. Srixon had been established in 1996, and Srixon released its first golf ball in 2005. In 2007, SRI also acquired Cleveland Golf. Since then, Cleveland and Srixon have been near the top of the golf market, especially Srixon’s golf balls. Srixon has been a constant innovator in the golf ball market, with technology in cores, covers, and dimple designs. Srixon also wanted to appeal to regular golfers with lower compression cores for players with moderate and lower clubhead speeds. Srixon also has many excellent Tour players trusting their golf balls, like Hideki Matsuyama, Keegan Bradley, Cameron Champ, and Russell Knox. Srixon is also a large name on the LPGA Tour, with great players like Inbee Park, Hyo Joo Kim, and In Gee Chun putting Srixon golf balls in play every week.
Why Use a Srixon Golf Ball
There are many reasons to put a Srixon ball in play. Srixon has been on the rise in the golf ball market because they are constantly innovating the technology in their golf balls with regards to every single component of the golf ball. Many Tour players trust Srixon balls when they tee it up on their respective tours every week. Srixon’s Z-Star and Z-Star XV are both excellent-performing Tour balls, but this is not the only type of player that Srixon appeals to. Srixon also makes golf balls for amateur golfers, like the Q Star, the AD333, the Soft Feel, and the Distance. They each focus on a different quality of a golf ball, whether it is all-around performance, softer feel, more distance, or straight flight. No matter what quality you want in your golf ball, Srixon has a ball for you.
This was a guest post written by Tony and Paul who are a father and son team who are not only best friends but love the game of golf. They created the Golfers Authority, to provide unbiased reviews, guides, tips, and advice in order to help other players improve their game. Tony is also the founder and inventor of the Accuhit, one of the most recognized golf training aids in the world. The Accuhit has been recognized by Golfweek, Golf Tips Magazine, Asian Golf Monthly, and many other publications as one of the most cost-effective golf training aids in the market.