This post originally appeared on Golfers Authority
The golf ball is often an overlooked part of a golfer’s bag. Many players fluctuate which ball they are using shot to shot. While it may be true that your game is not as consistent as touring professionals, your game can improve by playing the same golf ball round after round, shot after shot. Variations in golf balls can result in distance gains or lose, higher or lower spin, and different greenside performances on chip and pitch shots. The starkest difference can come from the feedback on the greens with your putter. Changing the feel of your golf ball can have a massive impact on putting distance control and performance.
Are you good enough to play the same golf ball every round? The answer is, no one is good enough not to. No matter what your budget is, there is a golf ball for your game. While it may be true that the best performing golf balls are often the most expensive, each brand makes a golf ball that is affordable and can offer similar performance benefits. By choosing to play a cheaper golf ball that you can afford to buy round after round you can shave strokes from your handicap and begin to develop a more consistent golf game. Try our used golf balls and save money to play more golf!
Top 10 Best Used Golf Balls 2019
10. Callaway Supersoft Used Golf Balls
- Long, straight distance ball that’s incredibly soft
- Ultra low compression core promotes fast ball speed and increased accuracy
- New Low Drag HEX Aerodynamics are optimized to reduce drag and enhance lift for longer carry and longer distance
- A new softer Trigonometry cover formulation has a low compression for enhanced feel and increased greenside control
9. Honma TW-G6 Used Golf Balls
This product will be in stock soon!
8. Snell MTB Red Used Golf Balls
Snell is a brand that many new to golf may not have heard of for around $30, Snell is offering players a high-quality ball below-premium price. The MTB Red was awarded a Gold Medal from Golf Digest and that is remarkable considering how little people know of this newer brand. This four-piece design is promising performance straight out of the packaging with a soft feel on short shots. Budget-conscious golfers will be delighted with the price and performance of the MTB Red.
- Tour caliber golf ball
- Cast urethane cover
- Great performance
7. Titleist AVX Used Golf Balls
The newest offering from Titleist is a golf ball that cures high spinning golf shots. The AVX is one of the lowest spinning golf balls with the driver and high spin players are gravitating towards this new design. Spin is reduced using a high flex casing layer and tetrahedral catenary dimple pattern. These two things help give golfers longer tee and iron shots. Players that struggle with spinning their golf ball too much can find new relief in the AVX from Titleist.
- Remarkable Distance and Penetrating Flight
- Very Low Long Game and Iron Spin
- Exceptionally Soft Feel
6. Vice Plus Used Golf Balls
- Optimized for even longer distance
- Lower Ball flight trajectory
- Excellent green grabbing control
5. Bridgestone Tour RXS Used Golf Balls
An industry leader in golf ball research and design, Bridgestone is the golf ball of choice for Tiger Woods. The Tour B RXS helps elite players and amateurs get more control over their shots and helps build confidence. Bridgestone boasts their aerodynamic cover to help give golfers longer shots with their drivers, fairway woods, and long irons and their proprietary core to help wedges stop quickly. For players that have never tried a Bridgestone golf ball, the Tour RXS is an introduction to enhanced control and premium soft feel.
- Added distance and forgiveness comes from the Gradational Compression core
- Added feel and control come from the soft SlipRes cover formulation. The added spin control comes from increased friction and feel thanks to the proprietary SlipRes urethane cover
- Extra distance and enhanced aerodynamics are a result of the Dual Dimple technology. The added distance comes from a more efficient ball trajectory thanks to less drag when the ball is in flight
4. Srixon Z Star XV Used Golf Balls
Srixon can be a lesser known name in the American golfing market but offers exceptional performance and feel in their premium golf ball. The Z Star XV combines a Fast Layer Core and Spin Skin to give golfers more distance off the tee and more control with their irons and wedges. 338 dimples are used to ensure that the Z Star will not be blown offline by crosswinds. Players that play in windy conditions may find performance benefits by switching to the Z Star XV.
- New third generation spin skin
- New speed dimple pattern
- New dual energetic Gradient growth core
3. TaylorMade TP5x Used Golf Balls
The TP5x golf ball has put TaylorMade on the map in the golf ball categories. The first premium golf ball to add an additional layer to maximize performance, the TP5x is the new ball of choice for some of the game’s best players included long-time ProV1x user Rickie Fowler. TaylorMade is promising the fastest ball speeds and optimized spin over ever other golf ball in the market and if you are a player who needs more distance but cannot give up the greenside control of tour-level golf balls then the TP5x is for you.
- 5 LAYERS; ZERO COMPROMISES; TP5x feature a Tri Fast Core and Dual Spin Cover that combine for a 5 layer golf ball construction that is specifically engineered to perform with every club in your bag
- TRI FAST CORE; The unique 3 layer core system in TP5 and TP5x features progressive compression, enabling maximum energy transfer and generating massive speed on full shots
- DUAL SPIN COVER. Contrast of an ultra soft cast urethane & a semi rigid inner cover creates maximum interaction between the cover & club grooves, resulting in exceptional spin performance with full wedge shots & pinpoint control from around the green
2. Callaway Chrome Soft X Used Golf Balls
The Callaway Chromesoft X golf balls are the only balls in production with a graphene-infused dual soft fast core. Graphene is one of the strongest strength to weight ratio materials in the world and Callaway is the first to incorporate it into their golf balls. Beyond the core, the Chromesoft offers players high launch and low spin from the driver and maximum spin around the greens. The Tour Urethane Cover helps Chromesoft to be one of the softest feeling golf balls. Players looking for a great performing golf ball with an ultra-soft feel will love the Chromesoft from Callaway.
- Fast Ball Speeds & Low Spin Off The Driver
- Distance & Control Through The Bag
- Pinpoint Greenside Control
1. Titleist Pro V1 Used Golf Balls
- Extraordinary distance with consistent flight
- Very low long game spin and penetrating trajectory
- Drop-and-Stop short game control
What Golf Ball Should You Buy?
While it is easy to say that every golfer should be playing a tour-level golf ball that gives them optimal performance with their drivers, irons, wedges, and putter, it becomes difficult to justify paying over $40 per box if you continuously lose your golf balls. No matter what your playing ability of budget you should be testing different golf balls on indoor simulators or launch monitors to see which golf balls you prefer the feel and performance of. For budget-conscious golfers, it is a better idea to find a cheaper golf ball alternative and play that model every round that to simply swap out the balls you find or can find at the best prices.
The golf ball is highly subjective just like many golf clubs in the golf bag. The importance of getting the right ball for your golf game cannot be overstated. The golf ball is the only thing you will use for every swing and shot you take during your golf round. Often, on tour, you will see players making wholesale equipment changes but continue playing the same ball season after season. If you are serious about playing your best golf, the right equipment starts with the golf ball. Shop some used golf balls now!
What do you think is the best new golf ball for 2019?
This was a guest post written by Tony and Paul who are a father and son team who are not only best friends but love the game of golf. They created the Golfers Authority, to provide unbiased reviews, guides, tips, and advice in order to help other players improve their game. Tony is also the founder and inventor of the Accuhit, one of the most recognized golf training aids in the world. The Accuhit has been recognized by Golfweek, Golf Tips Magazine, Asian Golf Monthly, and many other publications as one of the most cost-effective golf training aids in the market.